Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Ken kept saying that we needed to get more toys for Amelia, and I kept telling him he had to do it, because I didn't want to (for various reasons) . . . so he came home with this (and a few other items).  And everyone is happy (even if they don't look completely happy in the picture).
We went to Portland for Labor Day weekend.  We were able to do a session at the temple - thank you to the Bullocks, who babysat Amelia.  And then we went with the Bullocks to the Lake Oswego Farmers Market.  The best part was watching Amelia play in the fountains, but sadly, we forgot our camera, so you'll just have to imagine how cute/ fun that was.


On Sunday, we went to Cannon Beach for the day.  It was about ten degrees cooler than it was in Portland, so it was a beautiful day - just right for sitting on the beach and watching people play in the water.
 "Dad, here comes the wave."
 "I don't need any help; I've got this wave."
 "Whatcha doin', Dad?  Digging a hole for me?"
 "I think it needs to be just a big bigger."
"Just right!"
And on Monday, we went to visit Ken's mom.  Amelia found a bowl of rocks, of all shapes and sizes, with water in it, and thought it was the best toy.
She also found a ball that Grandma had, and had fun playing with it with her Daddy.

 Thanks to everyone - we had a great, labor-free, weekend!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Can't believe how big she is getting! Seems like you just had her!