Sunday, September 11, 2011

18-Months and growing

  • Amelia is now old enough to go to nursery at church; she seems okay with it, but we'll have to see how she does when Ken isn't there the whole time.
  • Amelia loves vegetables.  The other night I had to bribe her with green beans to get her to eat her chicken.  She will also ask for all the mushrooms I have once she has eaten the mushrooms in her entree.
  • Books I have read suggest that by this point, the morning nap disappears and they just have 1 afternoon nap.  Amelia is just the opposite.  Her morning naps keep getting longer and she fights taking an afternoon nap, even though I still need an afternoon nap.
  • At 22 lbs she has finally reached the 25% for weight for her age group.
  • Her first vocal word is "yep" or "uh-huh".  She continues to add more signs to her vocabulary every day and Ken heard her say "Daddy" today.
  • Her pediatrician saw a molar trying to break through, but I haven't had to deal with a grumpy girl, so it must not be hurting her too much.
  • She loves to push the cart at the store, rather than ride in it and often gets comments about what a great little helper she is.
  • She "reads" stories to herself by signing what she sees in the pictures.
  • Amelia loves to help me with whatever I'm doing - putting laundry in/out of the washer/dryer, putting pillows on the bed, etc.
  • She has mastered kissing (complete with kissing noises), and kisses everything - the car doors, her stuffed animals, the refrigerator.
  • Amelia loves to stop and smell the flowers - real, silk, or on paper.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm glad she loves veggies. I still have trouble getting Abby to eat them.

Kat said...

Love that she is reading with her signs...that is totally awesome! Great update.

Tera said...

CUUUUTE picture. Ponytails, they are the best.

The Hyatt's said...

I have been so out of the blog world Sharon! She is so gorgeous and getting so big, I can't believe it!! Hope you guys are doing well!

Amber said...

Love the little helper stage. Enjoy nursery for the next 2 months!