Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How does YOUR garden grow?

It's been a little over a month since we planted our garden, and I thought I'd give a garden report.

* Tomatoes - frozen and dead.  We covered them every night, but when we were in Portland for Ken's birthday, no one was home to cover them, and they froze.  We'll replant soon.

* Peas - growing, but look kind of dead near the base.  I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

* Spinach/ Chard - The slugs have eaten half of them; the other half are growing slow, but steady.  We probably need to plant more.

* Rosemary/ Parsley - Growing great and already using them.

* Chives/ Basil - We planted these as seeds and have been growing them in our window.  They are doing great and need to be re-planted into bigger containers and perhaps outside soon.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I want to try growing spices again. Do you dry and store them?

Kat said...

My garden grows...not as well as yours. Sad huh?

Tera said...

Wow sounds like Flagstaff gardening. Makes us humble I suppose!

Sharon said...

Brenda: the thyme and rosemary are hardy enough that we can use it all year long without having to harvest it. I think we'll just use/ enjoy the basil, chives and parsley as long as they last without worrying about trying to dry it. But I guess if we end up with too much, that is always an option.