Saturday, May 7, 2011

Shock-n-Awe

I've been craving junk food lately - blame it on pregnancy.  Every time I'm in a grocery store, it's all I can do to not buy candy bars, donuts, cookies, etc.

Today while I was shopping was no exception.  But then I thought, "hey, it's Mother's Day this weekend.  I deserve a treat, right?"  

So I broke down and bought a brownie mix.  But I was trying to be sort of good, so I spent $4 on a gluten-free mix, instead of $1.50 on a regular mix.




And then I got it home and read the ingredients.   The first ingredient:  sugar.  Really?  For a brownie mix.  Isn't flour (of some sort) typically the first ingredient?  Okay, so I kept reading, thinking flour would come next.  But no.  The second ingredient:  chocolate chips.  The third ingredient:  cocoa.  Can you believe flour was the fourth ingredient on a brownie mix?

I didn't even dare look at the fat and calories after that.

But, they taste good (for gluten-free brownies) and they satisfy the craving :)

No comments: