* Who decides that a pint of ice cream is 4 servings? Really? It's a stretch to make it to 2 servings.
* This week Amelia has really gotten into walking. She is so excited when she's walking, and doesn't seem to mind falling at all. I bought her some shoes; she knows the sign for shoes, but didn't seem as excited about wearing them.
* It's been so long since I've been around real grass, and played in real grass, I forgot how allergic I am to grass. Amelia's time outside on the lawn today was cut short by a sneezing, watery-eyed mother who desperately needed to go inside and get relief.
* Do you ever come back from running an errand and catch yourself in the mirror, and think "I went out in public looking like this?" I did that today. Thank goodness I didn't run into anyone I knew.
* Ken is out of town this weekend. Tomorrow in Primary I get to teach six 3-year olds while trying to entertain a 1-year old. I'm hoping the kids will be as good as they were the last time I taught them.
* This week I reminded myself why I don't read more. When I am reading a book I really enjoy, I can't put it down - to the detriment of housework, eating, and sleeping. It wasn't so much a problem when it was just me, or even when it was just Ken & I, but now that Amelia needs attention, well, let's just say there were a lot of things that got done late or rushed this week.
* Amelia loves to laugh - and frequently starts laughing while playing on her own. I often wonder if she's remembering something funny or just likes to hear the sound of her own laughter.
2 comments:
I am the same way with books! I neglect my life for the simple pleasure of being in another. I only allow myself one good book a month!
I know what you mean about reading a good book. Do you have any suggestions? I need a good read.
Post a Comment