Friday, April 1, 2011

Randomness

*I mentioned that Ken had planted half of our garden. Did I mention that the garden is directly in front of the house? (Our landlord wasn't too keen on us digging up part of the lawn for a garden, so we just used the existing flower beds.)

* Ken is excited for the Swiss chard and spinach; I'm looking forward to the fresh tomatoes and basil (which we haven't planted yet because it's still too cold for basil).

* I think it's been raining too much here lately. I dreamt that I was grilling worms for dinner. It even grossed me out in my dream.

* It stopped raining long enough for Amelia and I to go for a walk. "Let's go Mom!"

* About half of the time I go to the library with Amelia, I am appalled at other parent's lack of etiquette. Who just lets their kids roam around stealing toys from other kids? (I was mean - I wouldn't let him have mine.) And who watches their child dump all the legos all over the floor and then leave without picking them up? Really? I think people are doing a disservice to their children by not teaching them better skills.

* I live near railroad tracks and am frequently behind a bus when it has to stop at the railroad crossings. It makes me wonder - if buses don't trust/ can't rely on the crossing arms, lights, and signals, should we? Besides the fact that buses typically carry more passengers, what happened in history that requires buses to stop at railroad crossings?

* The Primary President switched me from teaching the 10-year olds to the Sunbeams. Apparently the current Sunbeam teacher needed a change of scenery for some reason, and the Pres. felt inspired that I should switch with her. I like Sunbeams and all, but I'm extremely disappointed. My class and I were just getting in a groove. I'm going to miss them.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I like your flower patch garden. It works. I'm sorry about teaching Sunbeams. I'm guessing she was more desperate than inspired and knew you'd do a great job.

Rebecca said...

Amazing how our local leaders thnk alike - I went from the 10/11 year olds to adults and was heart broken. The the I-5 corridor church leaders read from the same 'unreleased-self appointed' church manuals?

LOVE the garden -