Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Night Randomness

* I'm back in Primary - yeah! Anyone got suggestions for teaching 10-year olds? Or getting them to stop talking?

* Even though it's only January and freezing outside, Ken and I are already planning our garden. I can just taste the homegrown tomatoes.

* I used to dislike the 1pm church block, but now I think it's my favorite.

* What do you do with stuff you collected but no longer want or know what to do with? I have a collection of shot glasses (and no, they were never used for alcohol) and don't know what to do with them. Take a picture of them and give them to Goodwill?

* Today I tried to put a curler in Amelia's hair - but I just couldn't get it to work. I am not a hair girl. The poor girl is going to look like a boy until her hair grows longer and I can pull it into a pony tail or something.

* I also dressed Amelia in a dress I wore at approx. this same age. I've been waiting years for my daughter to wear it.
This is me:

This is Amelia:

The only similarity? The dress. Still cute though.

3 comments:

Kat said...

No help with the hair...3 girls and still I'm hopeless. Amelia is adorable in your dress. (You were too) Shall I ask Sierra how her teacher keeps them quiet? :D Actually I think she bribed them with a reverence party. Earned points when they got enough they got a party.

Joan said...

You are both darling and so is the dress. sounds like a great Christmas and yes on those tomatoes!!!

Amber said...

cute girls in a cute dress. the bow looks good. i think that she has your cheeks.