I have a tendency to over plan. Not just planning more than is necessary for any one event, but I also tend to plan too many activities in one day. I can't help it. I think it's a disease. But I'm trying to be better.
So I was proud of myself when I only planned 2 things in 1 day - go to the temple and go out to dinner with friends for my birthday. Doesn't sound so bad, right?
And it would have been fine, except that we had to drive 2 1/2 hours to get to Portland so that our dear friends, the Bullocks, could babysit Amelia while we were at the temple. And it was pouring rain, and everyone was driving slow on the freeways, and then they were doing construction on the freeway. So we got to the Bullock's house late, and then we had to visit a bit so that Amelia could get acquainted with them, so we missed the original session we had planned on attending. And when we got to the temple, we missed the next session by 5 minutes, so we had to wait for the next one.
So now I'm thinking I planned too much because we were going to be late for dinner with our friends. But it worked out okay and we were only slightly late for dinner, and they didn't mind, and it was great visiting with our friends, who we haven't seen for over a year.
So even though things don't always go as planned, happy birthday to me, who is getting better at planning things as I age :)
4 comments:
You all look great!! Happy Birthday to you!
Happy birthday!
Sounds like a great birthday. :) Love ya.
happy late birthday. you were always good at planning things.
Post a Comment