Friday, January 7, 2011

Obsessive Compulsive

I'm not sure whether it's obsessive compulsive or neurotic or what, but I have issues when I eat - different food on the plate cannot touch each other - unless I specifically put them together. (I'm not completely crazy though - I will eat it if it touches, I just think it's really gross.)

As I've been feeding Amelia, I notice that I either have to clean her spoon or use multiple spoons when feeding her from mult. jars of baby food at the same time. Do you think she cares if her fruit mixes with her vegetable? Probably not, but the thought of it makes me do everything possible to avoid it.

The last few days while we've been eating, Amelia insists (in her 10-month old way) that she must be able to see the picture on the front of the jar while eating. If she can't see the picture, she won't eat. As soon as I turn the jar so that she can she the picture, she opens her mouth and happily eats.

Oh boy, can't wait to see what other "great" traits she inherited from her mother. First, the double chin, then the quick gag reflex, and now this.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Well she's gotta make sure you're not slipping in prunes. ;) Too funny.