Our new insurance requires that Ken show proof that he is married and has a child. I think it's a bit over the top, but apparently there are people out there who pretend to have dependents to get a better deal on their insurance. Providence actually pays for most of our insurance, and if you choose the right plan, with the right amount of dependents, you actually get money back. Hence the need to prove spouse and child(ren).
It's simple - all we have to do is send them a copy of Amelia's birth certificate and our marriage certificate.
Last night we were looking for our marriage certificate - and couldn't find it!
Then, when we finally found it, it was blank. The certificate number was on it . . . and the county signature at the bottom . . . but nothing else.
I'm usually pretty on top of things. I make lists, I cross things off the list. I'm wondering how "fill out marriage certificate" never made it to the list. What was I so busy doing that I didn't think that was important?
So, we have our marriage license/application, signed by all the proper people, and notarized by the county, so it's all legal. But the "pretty" version of our marriage certificate is blank - no signatures, no witnesses, no dates.
And the end result - it's still not on my list of things to do. I just put it back in the file where we found it. I figure, at this point, if I didn't want it signed and framed when I got married, then it might as well just stay blank.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is funny! Now tell the truth... are you two REALLY married?
That's funny!
I can vouch for them Brenda. :) I was there. Do you want me to call for you sharon?
Post a Comment