Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I heart WINCO

Today my friend/ cousin Kat blogged about WINCO. And after reading her blog, I just had to blog about it too because . . .

I LOVE WINCO

I went to WINCO all the time when I lived in Portland, and I missed it when I moved to AZ. But now that I'm back in the great northwest, there is a WINCO less than 5 miles from my house - yeah!

And why do I love WINCO? Let me count the ways:

1. The bulk section. The variety is amazing - candy, spices, grain/ beans, flours, mixes, dried fruit, dog/cat/ bird food. There is something for everyone.

2. You get to bag your own groceries. Some people may hate this, but for OCD people like me, who like things done just so, I love being able to bag my groceries "just so".

3. Did I mention the bulk section? I love looking at my receipt to see that I spent pennies on salt or cinnamon or any other seasoning that you need and don't want to have to buy a huge container that may sit unused on your shelf for years.

4. It's open 24 hours. This comes in very handy for late night munchie cravings and early morning shopping trips before it's crowded.

5. And the bulk section - it's my favorite. Where else can you buy only 10 Smarties? Because that's all you need for your Primary class and don't want extras laying around begging to be eaten.

6. And another favorite area of the store - the bakery. I used to buy their rolls and bagels by the bag full, but now I just slowly walk through the area enjoying the smell and dreaming of a day when wheat isn't so irritating.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I must go! It sounds like it is worth a 20 minute drive.