Saturday, July 9, 2011

Very Random Thoughts

  • It got up to 85F one day this week and that is too hot for me.  I am much happier when the temperature is the norm of 70F or so.
  • We need to get a new chair for nursing/ rocking/ etc.  I can't decide if I'd rather have a glider rocker or a rocker recliner.  Any thoughts?
  • Ken got into a band and has already had 2 gigs.  He's so happy, even if he does have to drive 1+ hours each way. 
  • As I was dealing with the flat of strawberries that we picked, I thought "this is way too many strawberries for our family".  But 2 batches of freezer jam and a large ziploc full of frozen strawberries later, I'm thinking it was just the right amount.
  • Researching, new (used) cars is overwhelming.  We're looking for an SUV type car, but not too big and not too small.  I've decided that I'd rather test drive them all, then to read about them.
  • It's weird to me that lawns go brown here in the summer.  You would think that with all the rain in the Spring, Fall, and Winter, they'd have enough water to stay green year-round.  At least when they go brown, Ken spends less time mowing and more time with us :)
  • What do you do with US flags?  Amelia got a small one at the parade.  I don't feel right about throwing it away, and I don't want her to play with it like it's a toy, so there it sits, on the counter, until I can figure out what to do with it.
  • Amelia had a growth spurt - in length - and has almost outgrown her car seat.  So I've been spending the week researching car seats.  Who knew there were so many options/ possibilites?
  • My new pet peeve: neighbors who mow their lawn with a weed-wacker, especially in the middle of the afternoon, during prime nap time.

2 comments:

Amber said...

we are looking for a new car too! we go test driving a lot with both kids. so far I have liked the honda pilot, the mercury mountaineer, and the GMC arcadia. we don't know what to get, but I like test driving.

Brenda said...

I am sorry about your weed-wacking neighbor. UGH.

I vote for a recliner. I always fell asleep while nursing so it was good to recline.