Today I attended the Gila Valley temple dedication, via satellite. Pres. Eyring spoke about preparing ourselves to attend the temple. I thought it was ironic, or perhaps, prophetic, that he told us that we would feel the winds of adversity as we prepared to go to the temple. During Pres. Monson's talk, the wind blew out the satellite feed twice, but both times it came on again after only a few seconds (I'm sure I wasn't the only one praying for it to come back on).
The wind has been a literal adversary for truckers trying to get across the state of AZ. And so I started thinking about what "winds" are causing adversity in my life. Ken started his final internship this week - that should be a good thing, right? Well, it is, but it's also a challenge. It's 8-weeks of 1 1/2 hour commutes each direction; it's 8-weeks of working 4 days a week, while I work the other 3 days; it's 8-weeks of only seeing each other 2-3 hours each day, 7 days a week. This is an adversity that will soon blow over, but right now, I feel a draft!
3 comments:
Yuck! But, I know you guys can do it! We love the photo of Amelia in the swimsuit. So cute!! Love ya! Janell p.s. What's the plan after the internship??
So glad those winds came this weekend! ;) Interesting how real the lesson was though. Hoping all goes well for the next 8 weeks. Hang in there. And I FINALLY got your pics all ready, but you still can't see them. Soon though...very very soon, You'll have a surprise in your mailbox. That should keep you motivated...right? Boy, I hope I haven't built this up too much.
Hang in there. It can't blow forever, right?
Post a Comment