Friday, February 26, 2010

Update

For those of you who would like a Wazel update (thanks, Brenda, for asking), I wish I could tell you she had come, but alas, no such luck. Contractions come and go, but mostly, they're not happening so much. Wazel's heartbeat was consistently way above normal at our Dr. appt. yesterday, so we spent a not-so-fun 3 1/2 hours at the hospital being monitored and having an ultrasound done. The Dr. on-call was considering a C-section, thinking the baby was in distress, but thank goodness he determined that wasn't necessary after seeing the results of the ultrasound. Turns out, the baby is fine - she passed all the tests; apparently she was just excited and happily moving around.

Me, on the other hand, have spent a relatively quiet week at home. I have used up all the wheat flour I have in the house by baking treats for Ken . . . but have definitely eaten my fair share - which isn't so great for my allergy, but its great for boredom. I go for a walk and take a nap every day, and thankfully, don't waste too much of my time watching TV (there isn't much on when you don't have cable). I've given up the idea that Wazel will come early, and have resigned myself to more boredom while I wait.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Glad to hear that Wazel didn't have to come by c-section. What a relief. Thanks for the update!

The Hyatt's said...

Hang in there Sharon! I'm sure everyone has said she can't stay in there forever!! We can't wait to meet her and we hope it's soon!

Kat said...

How about getting addicted to Farkle... Or pick up a new book. Have you read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? Waiting is the pits. :( I do hope you plan on calling me. ;)

Kat said...

Now you know now that you've hit your due date you have to update EVERY day. :) Love ya.

Brenda said...

I'm with Kat. We need updates, even if it is uneventful.