Saturday, February 6, 2010

Advertising

Occasionally I see signs or advertising that make me laugh - typos on marquees, weird wording, etc. And I decided that I wanted to start writing about them - maybe these "advertising wrecks" would make someone else laugh . . . and maybe not - maybe I'm the only one who will find these things funny or odd.

So, the other day at work, I noticed a container of personal care wipes (baby wipes for adults). I can't even remember what the brand or product name was, but its tag line was: "The soft touch of aloe in every wipe". Really, have you seen an aloe vera plant?

Soft is probably the last thing I think of when I think of an aloe vera plant. I have used the liquid from an aloe vera plant to soothe my sunburns and other burns - so I'm thinking a better tag line would have been "The soothing touch of aloe in every wipe". But that's just my opinion.

And then I'm doing errands, driving around town, and I see 2 people dressed up as the Statue of Liberty, waving signs for the Liberty Tax Service. And I think to myself, "is getting your taxes done an impulse?" I can understand waving signs for a car wash or a food place - hey my car IS dirty or I AM hungry, I should stop. But tax services? Do you just happen to have your shoebox full of receipts and your W-2s in the car with you, and think, oh yeah, I need to get my taxes done, I should pull in?

Keeping my eyes open for more "advertising wrecks".

1 comment:

Kat said...

Um yeah, soft as aloe. LOL That's a good one. And honestly do you want your taxes done by someone that would wear a statue of liberty suit? Does it make you feel more patriotic? (or idiotic?)