Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Thornley Family Reunion

Last week was the Thornley Family Reunion.  An event only held every 2-years.  It's never long enough, and I always end up with a ton of pictures, but here are a few of my favorites.

My brother Paul brought his rocket launcher (PVC pipe hooked up to an air compressor), and everyone made a paper rocket.  I started our rocket, Amelia colored it, Ken finished it, and Sophia squished it (after it had launched). 




The reunion was at the Whaleshead Resort, near Brookings, OR.  A beautiful spot; perfect for playing, relaxing, and spending time with family.



In spite of her oxygen tank, my Mom made it down a windy path, rocky staircase, and across the sand.  I loved seeing her there, able to enjoy watching her children and grandchildren play . . .
. . . and sleep.

Paul brought out his rocket launcher again - this time slightly adapted - as a "candy cannon".  Thanks to my brother, I now know what Amelia is like amped up on sugar ;)

We were super close to the CA border, so we did a quick drive through of some of the Redwoods; it was beautiful . . . but not as beautiful as seeing my parents surrounded by almost all of their grandchildren.
This wasn't one of the largest trees, but it was near the road, and was accessible all the way around - making it easy to get around it.
Not much to say about this shot, but I love it.  Just like I loved every minute of the family reunion.  Hopefully I'll have time/ momentum to publish a few more of my favorite pictures.




1 comment:

Kat said...

This makes me smile...alot!