- I tell her that the fluoride pill she takes at bedtime after brushing her teeth is "candy" so that she'll eat it. I kind of suspect she knows it's not candy, but it's so sweet, she eats it anyway.
- And lately, when she asks where her binkie is, I lie and tell her I don't know, when it's really in my pocket - I just don't want her to have it all the time.
- Last night for dinner, I made crab and corn soup, using imitation crab meat. Amelia kept calling the crab cheese and kept asking for more. She kept saying how yummy it was, and ate so much of it, I didn't want to tell her it was fish for fear she wouldn't eat it.
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Little white lies
I'm not an advocate of lying, and frankly, I've never been a good lier. But lately, I've found myself telling Amelia more and more lies. For example:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You wouldn't be a mom if you didn't lie a little!! I told my kids that the onions in the soup were white carrots. They all fell for it except for Hadley (who is 9 1/2 now!).
Post a Comment