I stopped breastfeeding Sophia this week. I wasn't planning on stopping quite so soon, but it had to be done. My milk is almost gone, and probably has been for over a month. My theory: I've been accidentally starving my baby, which has resulted in fussiness, gassiness, lack of sleep, and generally an unhappy baby. I've loved being able to breastfeed, and wish I could have done it a bit longer. Getting Sophia to take a bottle was rough for a few days; it required force feeding with a dropper at times, but she has now accepted the bottle. I have already noticed better sleeping and less gassiness, so hopefully things will continue to improve.
While we were introducing new things, we thought we'd give rice cereal a try. She didn't hate it, but I don't think it was her favorite either.
2 comments:
I faced a similar thing with Meg. I had to fight to keep my milk supply and finally realized that I needed to supplement.
That's hard on all involved but glad she is taking the bottle and sleeping better.
Post a Comment