Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It Happened

I've been wondering when this day would come . . . and today, it happened.

But before I tell you about today, I must give you a little background info.  Amelia is in that stage where she likes to do everything I do and/or do it to her bears.  She likes to change their diapers and put on lotion.  She likes to sweep, pretend to go potty (complete with getting toilet paper to wipe herself), and do her hair.
Today I was feeding Sophia and Amelia was quietly playing in her room.  I heard a rustling noise and assumed she was playing with the diapers and her bears.  And then I heard her say "ah- oh".  When I went to investigate, I found Amelia in the bathroom with the whole roll of toilet paper unrolled on the floor and her bear on the potty.   My guess - she was trying to get toilet paper to wipe her bear after he went potty, and got just a bit more toilet paper than she needed.
By the time I returned with the camera, I found Amelia picking up all the toilet paper.  When I asked her if she wanted to throw it away, she said yes and carried it all to the garbage can . . . and even went back to pick up the pieces she had dropped.
She may not be feeling great, but at least she's feeling helpful ;)