I just realized I still hadn't gotten around to posting my 3rd favorite soup recipe. Not that anyone else probably even noticed, but I try to do what I say I'm going to do. This is a fairly new recipe that I've found, but we all love it at my house, so we make it quite often - but not too often to get sick of it ;) So, without further rambling, here's my 3rd favorite soup . . . oh yeah, and another reason I love it, is because it is so easy AND it's a crock pot soup. Enjoy!
Beef & Spinach Soup w/ Rice
Ingredients:
2 lb beef stew meat (or lamb), cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 C. carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
3 C. yellow squash, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2-in slices
1 onion, chopped
2 Clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
9 C. beef broth
3 C. chopped fresh spinach
3/4 C. Rice
Instructions: In a large skillet, brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off the fat. In a large crock-pot, place carrots, squash, onion, garlic, thyme, and basil. Add meat when browned. Pour broth over all and mix. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
Stir in spinach and rice. Cook for an additional 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds like a very yummy soup!!!!
Ahem, I noticed :) and thanks a bunch for posting the third one. I have almost all the ingredients for this, so I think I could pull it off!
Post a Comment