Sophia Diane Schnell joined our family this afternoon at 1:10pm . . . but ya'll have to wait for pictures (we forgot the cable to hook the camera to the computer).
Today is Sophia's due date, and just like her mother, she was right on time.
The Birth story: This morning I woke up around 5am with contractions, but they weren't regular or really that painful. I had my 40-wk baby appt, so I waited until then to bother the midwives. By my 11am appt, my contractions were about 10-15 apart and I was dilated to a 6. The midwife suggested I either head over to the hospital and have my water broke or head home and wait until my contractions got closer together. Knowing that Amelia was with the pre-arranged babysitter, Ken was already at the hospital, and remembering how quickly I had Amelia, I voted to head over to the hospital. I met Ken at work, we walked over to the birth center, and I got checked in by 12 noon. At 1pm my water broke and at 1:10pm Sophia was out. I am SO glad I didn't head back home to wait. The delivery was easy and there were no complications like last time - thank goodness.
Sophia weighed in at 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long. I'm not sure where she was hiding, since everyone kept telling me how small I looked, but now I know why I felt so miserable for the last few weeks. Does this little girl look more like me than Amelia? Nope, she has red hair and looks just like Amelia.
I just remembered that I had my cell phone camera, which isn't great, and I can't rotate the picture, but it's better than nothing, right? And I promise to upload more and better pictures as soon as we can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Ahh Red hair! YEAH! :) Holy cow batman on that fast delivery. (Just a bit jealous here) welcome Sophia...beautiful name for a beautiful girl.
Congratulations guys!!!!! We are so excited for the four of you! She is absolutely gorgeous just like her sister and we can't wait for more pictures!!! Thanks for sharing your story, I am so glad to hear everything went well. Way to go Sharon with an 8 pounder!!!!
Congrats on the delivery. She looks beautiful! I hope everything continues to go well.
Oh, she is so beautiful! I'm so glad you didn't go home either and that you were able to get there in time. Good call. I'm so happy things went well and without complications this time. I'll look forward to seeing more photos when you get them posted! Congrats to the whole family. Oh, and I LOVE her name. So cute!
Congrats! And happy birthday to Sophia! :)
Congratulations!!
You are one of those super mom's who make having babies look like taking a vacation. Your awesome! Congrats on a little girl. I love the name Sophia!
Congrats. She looks like a cutie!
Congratulations! I'm so glad to here that everything went so well, and so fast! You are amazing! Take care!
Congrats on the new arrivel, she is so cute, and love the name.
Post a Comment