Monday, October 10, 2011

Randomness

  • I have been craving junk food so bad the last week or so, but when I'm in a store I can't make up my mind what I'm in the mood for, so I don't buy anything.  And then when I get home, I think of half a dozen things I would gladly eat.  Ken is grateful I haven't made him go out in the evening to get me a snack.
  • Ken's co-workers threw me a baby shower, which I thought was so nice since I've only met  a few of them once or twice.  I decided it was really more a tribute to Ken, but it was more fun to have the pregnant lady at the shower rather than just her husband.
  • Amelia usually just likes to play with her crayons (taking them in/out of the box) but lately she has gotten "creative" and started coloring things besides her coloring book - the stove front, the table top, the refrigerator.
  • Today I got an e-mail from Parents.com titled "the right way to argue in front of baby".  Really?  I deleted it without reading it.
  • I think women are trying to compliment me, but I'm really beginning to hate it when they say "you're so small, I can't believe you're due in just a few weeks."  It makes me feel like I can't complain about being so uncomfortable . . . and I love complaining about how uncomfortable I am :)
  • The only exercise I can handle lately is walking around stores pushing a cart and chasing Amelia in the store (since she doesn't like to sit in it lately).  I wish I could do more, but walking around the blocks is totally uncomfortable.  Not that I used it much, but I miss the heated pool at our condo.
  • Ken thinks I am OCD because I put the alphabet letters in order on our refrigerator.  In my defense, it's so that I can figure out which letters Amelia has lost under the refrigerator.
  • I have no motivation to do anything and would order take-out every day if we could afford it.
  • Our tomatoes are finally turning red . . . all at once.  Ken asked what I was going to do with all of them.  My verbal response "eat them and give them away".  In my mind "you should have thought about that before you planted 6 plants".  (If anyone reads this that lives close to me, you are more than welcome to come get all the tomatoes you want.)
  • Amelia has started pretending to do things.  Her favorite pretend (that I can figure out) - washing her hands, and my hands - complete with putting on pretend soap.  Do you think she's OCD about cleanliness?
  • Boy, I have a lot of randomness in my head today - thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I know what you can do with your tomatoes! Check out my food blog ad look for marinara sauce !

GoAbbles said...

I love your randomness!!

Becky said...

Magic Eraser is the best invention for coloring kids :)

Kat said...

Ken 'thinks' you are OCD? HA HA HA. That one made me laugh. ;)

The Hyatt's said...

I can't believe you are almost there Sharon! Way to go woman!!! Amelia is prettier than ever, I seriously cannot believe how cute she is! I am so excited for you and this new baby to come! Hang in there this next little bit. Blah!!!