Friday, June 10, 2011

Random stuff in my head

* We've been watching for Amelia's 2nd bottom tooth to break through, but in the meantime, 2 top teeth appeared.  Yeah!  It's so cute to hear her crunching on things.
* With Ken riding his bike to work every day, his metabolism has increased.  Now it's like feeding a man with 2 hollow legs.  I can't keep up!  And with Amelia finally eating regular food (instead of baby food), we're running out of leftovers.  Guess it's time to start making more for dinner.
* We found out today that Baby #2 is a girl.  I'm a little disappointed it's not a boy, but I'm relieved that I don't have to go shopping for boy clothes - we have everything we need :)
* Our weekly produce baskets have started and we love the fresh produce.  My challenge is planning our meals around what we get, rather than planning my meals first, and then going shopping, but it's totally worth it.  And we've even found a local supplier of fresh eggs, so I don't have to raise our own chickens ;)
* I started working on Amelia's Christmas cross-stitch stocking.  I hope I can get it done before the baby comes, but maybe that is being too optimistic.  I should probably just hope I get it done before Christmas.
* Now that I know we're having a girl, I want to start working on a baby quilt for her.  Thanks to my friend, Brenda, I already have a pattern - I just need to go fabric shopping.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats on having a girl! I hope you keep us updated on the quilting progress!

Amber said...

first: love the little crunch sound with little teeth.
second: love that you are having 2 girls.
thrid: cant wait to see you in august!

The Morriss Family said...

Yay for two girls!!! I am sooooo happy that I have two girls together. They truly are best buddies. You will love one day that keep each other entertained and happy. Congratulations!!!