Thursday, November 18, 2010

Random Randomness

* I had lots of fun blogs in mind in connection w/ our move. Then reality struck - maybe I'll post pictures and fun blogs later. For now, you get random thoughts.

* Amelia started crawling the day before we moved. It's been "fun" keeping her out of things.

* Ficus plants DO NOT like cold weather and DO NOT like to be moved. DO NOT try moving a ficus in the winter. It looks pretty sad, but I'm still hoping it will pull through. Ken isn't so optimistic.

* I miss having a garbage disposal.

* I love living in a house - no neighbors walking on our ceiling, or talking to their friends from their balcony.

* I miss the large bathroom/ shower we had in our small condo.

* GPS devices are worth the cost. Not only do they give good directions, but they also come in very handy when trying to find restaurants, etc.

* The Hong Kong Chinese restaurant in Fillmore has great Chinese food.

* Taking 4 days to drive a 23-hour route is well worth it.

* We thought the train in Flagstaff was loud - we now know what loud is. Our house is about 500 ft. from the train tracks . . . and an intersection where the train blows it's whistle.

* It's hard not to be overwhelmed with all there is to do when you move. I almost feel guilty taking a break to blog. Almost.

3 comments:

Kat said...

So glad you made it! As for the ficus...they are pretty tough. We've 'nearly' killed ours 2 or 3 times but it always comes back. I have faith.

Joan said...

Glad the move is over. I'm sad we never saw you in Flagstaff but oh well.Isn't crawling fun!! Thanks for keeping a blog, it's nice to keep up with what's happening:)

The Barb Chronicles said...

noise makers. Best invention ever. We have one in the babys room. There could be a war going on and she would sleep right through it. Sounds like you made it safe. Can't wait to see pics of the house.