Saturday, November 6, 2010

A break from packing

Yes, we've actually been packing. And when I say "we", I mean Ken. He's been awesome. I come home from work each day to find more and more of our home packed up. When he's not packing, he's been filling in holes, painting, fixing broken things we've ignored for years, grocery shopping, setting up utilities, dealing with re-financing headaches, and taking care of Amelia. All I have to do is go to work each day and train my replacement.

So today, Ken played his last Arizona gig - this time at a hotel at the Grand Canyon. He deserved the break from all the hard work he's been doing for the last week or so. And me? Well, I didn't want to stay at home and feel pressured to pack, so Amelia and I went with Ken to the Grand Canyon for the gig. The best part - free dinner and a free hotel. Ken's band played in the hotel's restaurant, and when Amelia got tired of "dancing" and "singing" to the music, she and I headed upstairs to our hotel room for the evening. What a perfect situation.

And for those of you who think I'm a slacker for not helping with the packing - I completely agree with you. I've packed a total of 4 boxes. Maybe I'll pack more next week . . .

1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a fun trip! I'm glad you got to go. I hope you are feeling better.