Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Uneventful Birthday

"This month is such a special time, it's birthday time for [me]
[I'd] really like to celebrate this happy day . . . "

This year, the birthday celebration was a bit uneventful, but at least it didn't go unnoticed. Friends at work took me out to lunch, many friends and family sent cards and/or well wishes, and my husband took me out to dinner so that I didn't have to cook. Honestly, that was the best gift this year - I'm just getting too tired to do much and with Ken's leg, he can't do too much either.

The night before my brithday, Ken had a gig in Sedona - at the Oak Creek Brewery. It was short and sweet, and I considered that a pre-birthday celebration. I wish I had taken pictures of the band playing in front of all the beer vats.

I even received a present from Wazel. I woke up yesterday morning to find that I had "cankles" - calves and ankles swollen into one. Wow, thanks Wazel. It made me as gimpy as Ken.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Ahh cankles...how fun. ;) Go put your feet up! I'm glad you had a happy Birthday yet quiet one.

Brenda said...

Happy birthday and happy cankle recovery.

Amber said...

happy b-day! miss you!