* Ken and I made the executive decision that he should skip his 3rd internship, and do it after graduation. This decision has both positive and negative consequences. I love having Ken home (even though he's still a bit gimpy), and now I don't have to worry that he won't be around if I go into labor early. However, since the internship got pushed back, it throws my employment into a bit of an unknown. I just keep reminding myself to find "joy in the journey" and have "faith in the future".
* I decided today that I love the smell of toast - I don't know what it is about it, but it is so yummy. The only thing better than smelling toast is eating toast.
* I think one of the weirdest things about being pregnant is the fact that I am very rarely cold. My co-workers have coats on - in the office - and I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt. I've never been warm, and now I'm hardly ever cold.
* One of my friends gave me Lifesaver candy canes for Christmas (thanks Carol). I've never been a big fan of candy canes (don't care too much for peppermint) - but these are delicious. And when I eat them, I flash back to childhood - Lifesavers were one of my favorite candies . . . peeling the paper from the roll and seeing what color came up next, Lifesaver rolls or "books" in our Christmas stockings, and a Lifesaver sleeping bag. I bet Carol didn't know Lifesaver candy canes would be such a hit.
* My boss told me I can bring the baby to work with me when I'm ready to go back, so that I don't have to worry about day care. I think that's very generous of him, but I think he wants to play with Wazel more than anything.
2 comments:
I was very jealous of your life saver sleeping bag. :) Loved your update. And that's good news on the baby/work situation.
Wazel prep: It's a good idea to be prepped early like you are going to be. You just never know. Wazel could be an early bird.
Internship/work: It will work out. It always does.
Prego heat: You'd hate it if it were summer! BUT, it's GREAT in the winter. Yeah for winter/early spring babies!
Toast: Love it, especially with crunchy Adams' peanut butter.
Post a Comment