Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve Gig

Dr. approved . . . wife not so sure.

When Ken was in the Emergency Room a week ago, one of his first concerns was whether or not he'd be able to play the New Year's Eve gig at Charly's in Flagstaff. He figured out that he could play his bass drum with his left foot, instead of his right, while propping up his right foot, and all would be well. When we got back to Flagstaff, Ken's Dr. gave him an okay to play . . . wife still not so sure about it.

Here's the band - and if you look close, you can see Ken with his foot propped up while playing. He said the challenge was not hitting his leg with his drumsticks as he passed over his leg. They sounded awesome, and no one would have ever known Ken was gimpy.
Ken on a break - he didn't play with the pillow - just used it to rest his leg between sets.
I took a nap before the gig, but I still couldn't manage to stay up until midnight. I wished my sweetie "Happy New Year" at 11pm, then went home to bed.

Ken was in quite a bit of pain by the time he got home. Maybe I was right and the Dr. wasn't? The fun continues ;)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well, that's a Schnell for ya. Never let em see you sweat and do everything the exact opposite of what you know you really should do :)

I can't wait to meet you precious baby girl this year and I am so very glad that 2009 brought you and Ken in to my family circle.

Happy New Year :)

Kat said...

So glad Ken got to play his gig...Now take it easy!

Brenda said...

My opinion is this: wives know more than doctors. But it sounds like he survived.