And lately, since I'm finally starting to look pregnant, I've been getting a lot of comments like, "you sure are getting big". Really? Do people really say that to pregnant women? Have I said that to pregnant women? I sure hope not, because I find it hard to deal with. I know I'm gaining weight for a good reason, but you might as well just say what my boss said to me the other day to get my attention, "hey, fattie". Yes, he seriously said that, and no, he wasn't trying to be mean, just funny. Thankfully, I didn't think he was talking to me, so I kept walking, and later he told me what he had said. Maybe I'm just sensitive?
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
The Norm?
A few of my friends and co-workers have commented on how much they loved being pregnant, and have asked me if I am loving it. Hhm? I don't think so. I'm certainly not hating it, but loving being pregnant seems a bit much. It's definitely an interesting experience, but love? So it got me to wondering, how many of you out there "loved" being pregnant?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I liked being pregnant the first time and never did get to the point where I was thinking "Get this kid out of me." Overall, I felt really good.
The second time? I felt fatter sooner(probably was fatter), more achy, and more tired (because I had kid #1.
And yes, people do comment on getting bigger. My sister who is due next month has had quite a few comments about her weight/size. She's gained weight appropriately and is not overweight (she's our marathon runner and was still running as of about a month ago).
Love being pg? Did not like being pg for the first 12-16 weeks. But yes I did love feeling the baby kick. I wish I could have bottled my time at night with Savanna. Every night at 9:30 she would have a kick fest with me. Also especially after the first, I liked wearing maternity clothes because I could look 'cute' AND big. And comments? Pregnancy brings out the idiotic genes in people. They say the stupidest things. Even my doctor who was a woman said, "Wow, you have a LOT of stretch marks...it's like a road map." Let me whack her now. People are stupid. Next time your boss says something like that say 'Hey baldy' or whatever.
P.S. pictures????
I am going to have to agree with the general concensus, I love being pregant. I just love that I get to be like a portal for these little heavenly beings to come to earth. I also love when I am really pregant and everybody, I mean everybody, seems to spark up a conversation with you about your baby. AND feeling the baby kick is pretty 'out of body but in your body" experience. I still cannot grasp the miracle of pregancy.
LOL My sisters comment to those that say they loved being pregnant and never felt so good is....how sad, I wonder how awful they feel normally.
For some reason people think bounderies don't exist when you are pregnant....just watch out for the belly touchers. :O)
I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. I loved feeling the baby move. I also had people make some rude comments. A lady at my work would say "you look fat" which she thought was appropriate but made me want to cry. I also hated telling people my due date because I always got a shocked look in return and didn't know what it meant. I gained the appropriate amount but their expressions made me question that. I could tell more stories but I won't bore you.
I'm hot and cold about being pregnant. Some days were awesome! Some days I was DONE! Some days were miserable, hormonal, and the nights sleepless, but Kylee is worth it, and so will your little Hazell Nut. All in all, I'm ready to do it again. (Aren't we women crazy?)
Oh and people are stupid. "you are HUGE!" "you are so much BIGGER then the last time I saw you!" "how MUCH have you gained?" "you look like you are ready to POP!" "how did you get that shirt on!" (that last one is my favorite! Ha Ha Ha!!!) Sometimes I wouldn't hold back and I would just start crying and say "that was mean. you shouldn't say that to a pregnant woman even if it is true." Nothing puts a person in their place like a pregnant woman crying.
I loved being pregnant, I loved the kicks etc. (except when they hurt) I can't remember any mean comments since I had my kids back in the dark ages, but sometimes I feel sad that I won't be feeling that baby movement inside me again.
Post a Comment