Since Saturday, I've been in Portland visiting Ken - and loving every minute of it. Besides the obvious of being with Ken, I decided to list some of the other reasons I love Portland.
* Picking blackberries for FREE - they grow wild everywhere around here, which can be a problem if you don't maintain your yard, but otherwise, it's a great bonus.
* Not having to pump your own gas - as I always used to say "Oregon is a full-service state".
* Eating all the wheat products I want - gotta love the lower elevation (less gain, less pain)
* The rain - it rained for the first 2-3 days of my trip, but I didn't care.
* Roses - amazingly the roses are still in bloom here . . . maybe that is why they call it the City of Roses.

* The ocean - I've been "ocean deprived" for 2 years, and am looking forward to going on Saturday to see the sea. (Hopefully pictures to follow)
* Friends and family in the area - I've spent the week visiting friends and family and past co-workers, feeling the love and getting caught up on everyone's lives.

9 comments:
Really? You can eat wheat at sea level? I think that's a no-brainer for moving back when Ken is done with school. I be you are having a blast!
Yum Blackberries! Have a wonderful time at the beach!
Ohhh...my home town! You both look so happy at the temple. Just makes you peaceful the minute you arrive, doesn't it. I am certain you will see my dear cuz, Ernie. Please give him a BIG hug from me and some love. Have fun and travel home safe, Sharon :)
Sounds wonderful...and it must be great to eat the wheat foods again!
glad you are having fun. the pie looked GOOD! miss you though.
Your entry made me miss LO! Such a beautiful place. I remember going out back at my mom's old house, picking blackberries, and then going inside to make blackberry cobbler. Yummy!
I'm glad you are having fun. Say hi to the beach for me!
Okay, you've got me curious about how wheat consumption relates to elevation. Do tell.
(I'm sooo jealous about the free blackberries! I wonder who's picking them for free and shipping them to Utah and selling them to us for an arm and a leg?)
Kat and Brenda: I'm allergic to wheat at any elevation - it makes me produce a lot of mucus. At sea level, I have a runny nose, which I can deal with - so I eat wheat. At 7000 ft. in Flagstaff, the elevation mixed with the mucus creates a great deal of pressure in my sinuses, resulting in headaches, earaches, and sinus pain, and therefore, I don't eat wheat.
Wow, I had no idea about the wheat. Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad you got to eat a little at sea level before heading back up to the mountains.
Post a Comment