The new owner of the house was outside with her daughter, so Ken introduced ourselves and told her why we were there. Amazingly, not only did the lady chat with us, but she also invited us in to check out the house and backyard. I thought that was way above and beyond politeness. I wondered if I would be willing to do the same. The house has been well maintained, but the pond - well - it could use some tender loving care. It wasn't bad, but it did need some attention. Admittedly, the lady who bought the house, is a single-mother, with a now 5 year old daughter, so I'm sure taking care of a pond is probably fairly low on her list of priorities. I think Ken took it fairly well, but I wonder if I would do so well seeing something I had created looking a little worse for wear.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Old stomping grounds
For the last few years, every time Ken sees a pond in someone's yard, he says "I miss my pond", which is quickly followed by, "I wonder what it looks like now." Four years ago, Ken sold his house with his beloved pond when we got married. I have promised Ken that someday, we'll have another pond - we just need land to put it on. Now that Ken is in Portland on his internship, I told him he should drive by his old house and peak in the backyard to check out the pond that he spent so many hours digging, planting, and maintaining. Tonight, Ken and I decided to drive by his old house and take a peek.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We considered buying a Suburban from our neighbor one time. I'm really glad we didn't because while we would 'love' the vehicle, I'm sure we would not have taken care of it it quite the same way they had and I know it would have been hard for them to watch.
That WAS very nice of that lady.
Post a Comment