Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fieldtrips

On Friday, Ken and I went tip-toeing through the tulips . . . okay, so it's not tulip season here, so we actually went to the Dahlia fields. It's free to "tip-toe", so we enjoyed our stroll through the endless varieties and colors of dahlias.



And on Saturday, we did my favorite field trip - the Oregon Coast. Our first stop was Cannon Beach, where we stopped to play with the sailor . . .

and took a walk on the beach . . . I don't care what the weather is like, I love the beach!


And then we drove along Hwy 101 down the coast, stopping along the way for scenic shots, and ending up at one of the happiest places on the coast . . . the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Ice cream, squeeky cheese, and smoked cheese - oh my! We were tempted to try the 38 Flavor Tour of Ice Cream, but I just couldn't get myself to spend $27 for ice cream . . . besides, I can't imagine how long it would have taken us to eat all of that ice cream.
Sadly, my vacation has come to an end, so Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to Flagstaff I go. I'll say good-bye, try not to cry, just 5 more weeks to go-oh!

5 comments:

Vixie said...

Love the limrick. Have a safe trip, glad you had a good visit.

Tiffany said...

Tilamook Cheese Factory!!!!!! Sooooooo jealous - you don't even know.

Kat said...

MMM Love Tillamook cheese. :) So glad you made it to the beach.

Amber said...

come home! we miss you! (cute shirt by-the-way!)

Brenda said...

Love the cheese factory and the ocean too! I'm glad you got to join Ken for a bit.