Monday, November 5, 2012

House and other Random Updates

  • Amelia loves her Halloween candy and she's really good at sharing it with Sophia and I.   But I got tired of her always asking for a treat, so we finished it all off today!
  • The granite countertops got installed last week, with only minor issues - the installers couldn't get our water turned off all the way, and just left buckets under the leaking faucets, which overflowed, which Ken caught before it did any serious damage, and was properly fixed by a handyman the next day.
  • Ken doesn't have time or tools to do the few handyman jobs we needed done at our house, but hiring a handyman is a racket.
  • On Friday, we were told that our wood floors weren't getting installed in our house before we moved in.  When I called to complain on Saturday, they told us they might be installed on time.  And this morning, I got a phone call saying that the wood was on its way to our house and would be installed on Wed - Fri.  Phew!
  • I've taken a lot of stuff over to the new house, but I haven't even begun to pack/take over kitchen stuff . . . and there's a lot of kitchen stuff.  But I didn't want to take stuff over there while they were ripping apart our kitchen, so now it's a rush to get it done.
  • I find it ironic that when both of my girls sleep through the night on the same night, that I am awake in the middle of the night with insomnia.
  • We're just now choosing paint colors and prepping the few rooms we want to paint.  I have a feeling we're going to be painting in the middle of the night either before and/or after we move.

No comments: