Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ken's Gig

Ken had a gig tonight . . . a concert in the park . . . in a nearby park . . . from 7-8pm.

I thought, "this is perfect!"  The weather is great, I can take the kids, they'll enjoy seeing Daddy play, we'll be back home before bedtime, I'll get to enjoy the music, and everyone will be happy.

So I packed up the house - you know how it is when you take kids anywhere - and we drove 20 minutes to the park.  We got all settled in, said hello to Daddy and sat through 15 minutes of announcements and blah, blah, blah.  And then the music started.

And this is what Amelia did.
We tried moving farther away from the music, but wouldn't you know it, the city of Olympia has a great sound system . . . and it was loud everywhere!  And Amelia just wanted to go home.

Sophia didn't seem to mind it . . . she can't figure out what Amelia is doing.  She thinks Daddy and his band sound pretty good.
So after 20 minutes, we pack up the "house" and head back home.

I bet some day, we'll be the ones complaining that Amelia's music is too loud ;)

No comments: