Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day

It snowed yesterday.  We got a few inches of very wet snow.  I took Amelia outside to play in the snow while I shoveled the driveway, but she wouldn't keep her gloves on, so she was ready to come in before I got finished with the driveway.
Today we got dumped on.  The news says we got between 12-20 inches of snow today.  Ken stayed home from work today so he took Amelia outside to play in the snow (he's the fun parent) while I shoveled the driveway (I'm the practical one).  The snow wasn't as wet today, and Ken was more entertaining, so Amelia had more fun outside today.  And I should mention that even though I started shoveling, I didn't get very far - there was just too much snow and I am too wimpy.  I'm not sure how we're going to get out of our driveway . . . guess we'll have to wait until it melts.
 This is not a snow bank; Amelia is standing in our driveway.
 We don't own a sled, so while I rested from shoveling, Ken tried giving Amelia a ride on the shovel.  (And again, Amelia didn't/ couldn't keep her gloves on.)
 And this afternoon, we did a quick photo shoot with Sophia in her blessing dress, since we had neglected to do that while we were in Portland.  We were obviously only prepared to take Sophia's picture, but I couldn't resist taking a picture of Amelia with Sophia, even though Amelia wasn't dressed up for the event.
 Sophia loved having her picture taken.


1 comment:

Joan said...

I love snow days! Of course I am looking back at them fondly now. What a nice neighbor, to lend you a sled. We were supposed to bet snow but it turned to rain so we have slush and not much of that. Hopefully it will snow this weekend. I love your blog and the pictures :)