I wish I had pictures to add to this post, but what I can take from my window just doesn't capture the essence . . . and I'm not about to go out in this weather.
It stopped snowing yesterday, but then it started raining, and since it's not above freezing on the ground, the rain hits and turns into ice. This morning, the neighbors yard across the street looked like a giant ice skating rink. There is about a 1/4" of ice on everything. There are downed trees all over our neighborhood, which has also resulted in power outages throughout our area. Thank goodness we still have our power, for now.
As I type, I can hear trees/branches snapping and then falling, and I keep praying that the wind doesn't start blowing. For now, the falling branches in our yard are just falling down, away from the house, but it will be a whole different story if the wind starts blowing. I can also hear chainsaws as people work to clean up the mess. Ken went into work this afternoon, but his 15 min. commute turned into 45 min. as he had to take continual detours to get to the hospital.
The worst part for me - Ken and I were going to go on a real live date tonight, complete with babysitter and everything. And what were we going to do? USU is playing Seattle Univ. tonight and Ken bought us tickets. I'm not sure what I was looking forward to more: watching the Aggies play? a night out with Ken without Amelia (Sophia gets to come since she needs to eat)? or the 2 hour driving time that would give us a great opportunity to just talk?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Argh! That stinks. And the darn Ags aren't winning because you're not there to cheer them on. No bueno.
Post a Comment