Sunday, November 13, 2011
Tantrums
Remember how I said Amelia was handling the new baby better than I thought? Well, in the last 48 hours, it's all gone down hill. The tantrums come fast and furious and for no apparent reasons. I'm hoping that the tantrums don't last for too long. I'm not sure how long I can handle it. Today Sophia started crying because Amelia shoved her while Amelia was crying and then I started crying. I thought it was ironic that while we were all crying, the words to the song that were playing on the cd were "in this very room, there's quite enough love for all of us". It sure didn't feel like "love" at the moment. Ken assured me that "the family that cries together, stays together". I hope I can keep it together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh those days are the hardest. Hang in there.
This too shall pass.....and then they are teenagers! :)
On those days I find it best for me to put everyone on a timeout. Baby too - she will be ok for 10 minutes crying in the crib while you cry too. I have done it many times :)
Hang in there you are a great Momma!
I feel for you! Those days still come for me too. I usually need to put them in there rooms for a bit... and surf the internet for awhile. :D Hang in there!!!
So so hard. I remember. It helped for me to put one of those play 'n pack beds in the family room so that I could put the baby down immediately and safely (i.e. away from the toddler) and deal with toddler when I needed to. It also might help for Amelia to be in charge of the baby's choices-- what the baby wears, what diaper to put on,etc.
And sometimes no amount of advice, no parenting tips or tricks from magazines made a dent. We just had to grow together as a family and adjust to the changes, and unfortunately, that involved a lot of bawling and peeing on the floor (Meg was potty training and decided to make THAT a power struggle.)
It will come in waves. You will think that everything is wonderful and great and then it comes out of nowhere. Just try to prepare youself for the 'waves'. It is less dramatic if you don't get upset, and that is coming from me the Drama Queen. When I am able to stay calm I feel like I am in more control then when I get upset with them. It is hard though. Remember when I said there was at least 2 of us crying at a time? Don't give up on Amelia. She's a good kid.
We had plenty of times where it was me and all 3 kids crying. It gets better.
Post a Comment