Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday

Happy 1st Birthday Amelia!
"Is all this for me? And the singing too?"
"Hey, how did the candle get blown out? Dad, did you blow out my candle?"
"I'm just going to dive right in."
"But now it's all over my hands - ick!
Can someone wipe this off for me?"

Amelia liked her birthday cupcake, but really preferred that we feed it to her.

Due to too many things happening this weekend, Amelia got to celebrate her birthday for 3 days. (I'm sure we wouldn't get away with this when she's older - but it worked this year.) We opened cards on her birthday, and went out to dinner with Grandpa Ernie that night. On Saturday, we did the birthday cake. She was too tired to open her presents that evening, so we put that off until Sunday.

Amelia was better at opening birthday presents than she was at Christmas.
The bubbles and the toy car that Daddy bought were a big hit!
She got a really fun toy with lots of buttons and lights . . . but she liked the bubble wrap just as much.
Once the bubble wrap was put away, she had fun showing her new toy to Grandpa.
I can't believe our baby is 1-year old. Happy Birthday Amelia! We love you!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, she's one already? I remember when you announced that you and Ken were expecting. You've got such a cute family and she's growing up so much.

Amber said...

yea! that toy looks so fun! i love her cute hair bow too! happy birthday Amelia!

Kat said...

So cute! She's getting so big. Now i'm going to go have a little cry that I don't get to see you next week. Ok..that wasn't very nice of me was it. :) I'll wave.

The Hyatt's said...

Happy Birthday Amelia! We cannot believe you are one year old! You are growing up so fast!!!! What a fun little party!