Sunday, October 17, 2010

Who knew?

Today I discovered a mess, which led to the discovery of something new.

Years ago - 12 perhaps - I had a boyfriend who gave me perfume for my birthday. "Really?", I thought. "Perfume?" This man certainly didn't know me. When did I wear perfume? Never the less, I kept the perfume. I'd wear it occasionally.

Fast forward to the present: I still have the perfume. I hardly ever wear it. The bottle is still about 3/4 full. I've been debating about whether or not to keep said perfume. I can't remember the last time I put some on.

Today I was digging around for something on one of my bathroom shelves and found the bottle of perfume had tipped over. Then I noticed that not only had it tipped over, but perfume had also leaked out. I wondered how come we hadn't smelt the perfume. And then I noticed that the perfume was kind of stuck to the shelf. So I decide this was a good excuse to just throw away the bottle. As I cleaned up the spilled perfume, then I could smell it . . . and hours later, we can still smell it . . . and we'll probably be able to smell it for weeks, I'm sure.

And who knew that perfume also worked as a paint thinner/ remover? Looks like a crime scene, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I'll bet that boyfriend doesn't have a clue that his little gift is making you think of him right now.

Sorry about the stink.

Kat said...

Yep...definitely a crime scene. That made me laugh out loud.