Friday, July 2, 2010

Mindless Ramblings

Old. The temp. worker that is helping us in the Acct. dept. is so young, he's never used a typewriter. I took type in middle school!

Quality Control. We have sugar ants in our kitchen - yuck! The only thing good about them is I call them my quality control. I find a pile of ants on the floor, and realize I've unknowingly spilled something on the floor. I see ants on a pan that is drying on the counter and realize I must not have cleaned it well enough. Any one have tricks for getting rid of sugar ants? The ant spray doesn't seem to be working.

Two weekends. Ken just has 2 weekends left of his internship - yeah! This 8 weeks seems longer and harder than the 8 weeks he was gone to Portland.

4 months. Amelia will be 4 months old on Sunday. She's finally putting on some weight. Her legs have little fat creases - they're so cute. She's always been a "looker" - meaning she looks around at everything every where we go, but lately she really loves looking around at everything when we go for a walk. It's so fun to watch her gawk.

Clothes. I would love a personal shopper. I need some new clothes, and I just can't find the time to go . . . and I've ranted about it in the past - I hate clothes shopping.

TV. I'm glad I haven't made a big deal about Mom's who put their kids in front of the TV - because I am one of those moms (and Ken does it too). Amelia loves watching videos - Sesame Street, Baby Einstein, Baby Signing Time - and we can get things done without having to entertain her and/or hold her.


2 comments:

Kat said...

Do you have ant spray or the little packets? THe packet thingy's have worked for me in the past. Very annoying though.

And 'whew' on the TV. So glad you thought ahead to not be critical. :) Sometimes things JUST need to get done.

Brenda said...

I swore up and down that I'd never let the t.v. babysit my kids.... of course that ended once I had kids. I still trying to live it down w/my mother.