Saturday, June 19, 2010

Procrastination

Over the last few weeks, I've been feeling that I need to check on and possibly update our 72-hr kits, including making one for Amelia. I thought there was no urgency, so it kept getting pushed down to the bottom of my to-do list

Today, fear struck because I was not prepared. A wildfire is raging too close to my house for comfort (around 5 miles away). As of 6pm on Saturday, I haven't been evacuated, but neighborhoods south of me have, including the Little America hotel.

In the meantime, I have hastily checked our 72-hr kits, got them near the door for a quick exit, and gathered up a bag for Amelia. And the worst part (at least for me) - Ken is 1 1/2 hours away, and I haven't been able to get a hold of him on his phone. I can only hope that he gets home BEFORE I get evacuated.

Lesson for today - If you are prepared, there will be less fear - so don't procrastinate acting on promptings.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have been so curious as to if the apartments/condo's were evacuated. Looks like things are looking up! Hope all is well with you and all of our Flag friends.

Good luck!! At least you have 72 hour kits. :)

Kat said...

Oh no Sharon...how scary. That little America is CLOSE. Praying for you.

Kat said...

Any update? Are you still there or did you evacuate?

Brenda said...

I'm glad you had a chance to get your things together.

Amber said...

fires were one of my big worries about moving to Flagstaff. I hope that they get controlled soon!