For months, I have been planning for, exercising for, and getting excited for hiking Mt. Humphries - the tallest peak in Arizona. On Saturday, Aug. 8, my husband, Ken, my brother, Paul, my friend, Amber and her husband, Andy all hiked Mt. Humphries without me. I have discovered that sometimes things don't work out like we planned and prepared for. I was super disappointed, but decided that if I couldn't do the hike, I'd at least make it easier for Amber and Andy to do so. So I ended up staying home and babysitting Kylee (their very cute almost 1-year old - sorry, I don't have a picture).
The start of the hike: 7:40am
2/3 the way up the mountain, at the "saddle" - between Agassiz & Mt. Humphries.
Starting up the "saddle" to get to the top.
One of the few pictures of Ken (since we was taking the pictures).
They made it - 4 hours to the top (Andy, Amber, Paul, and Ken).
2 1/2 hours back to the trailhead. Four tired, but successful hikers can now cross off "Hike tallest peak in AZ" off their To-Do list.
P.S. Blogging about someone else's adventures isn't as exciting as blogging about your own, but sometimes that too has to be done :) Thanks Brenda for reminding me that I haven't posted anything lately.
2 comments:
So I love Ken's antimated pose in the last picture. I think he is ready for Appalachian Moutains.
I'm sorry you missed your hiking adventure, especially after preparing for it like you have.
(BTW, thanks for the update ;)
Post a Comment