and all through the house . . . the stockings were hung by the chimney with care. Okay, so I did something I've never done before - I put up Christmas decorations BEFORE Thanksgiving. It started innocently enough - I started to listen to Christmas music a few weeks ago, then Ken started talking about the artificial tree we bought after Christmas last year (for only $3), and before I knew it, the tree was out of the box, fluffed, lit, and decorated. Well, you can't have a tree without the rest of the decorations - so out came the boxes, and well, the rest is history.
However, just because we have the Christmas decorations up, does not mean we are skipping over Thanksgiving; we have much to be thankful for: a home, a job, an opportunity for education, our family and friends, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, health, food - I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all, a good night.
3 comments:
LOVE IT!!! We've got a few out ourselves. There's lights have started going up all over the neighborhood...
If David wouldn't shoot down the idea every year I would set up Christmas in September :-) Did you guys stick around for the holidays?
I never realized you were one of those crazy people that starts celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving. :)
Thanks for inviting me to your blog. We should stay in touch! I just started a blog for our family.
Please email me your address so I can send you a Christmas card.
Post a Comment