For Christmas, Ken and I headed to UT. The first adventure was getting there. We were originally planning on leaving Flagstaff on Tuesday, but due to a winter storm that was forecasted to blow through Flagstaff and most of the state of Utah. So, Ken and I quickly changed our plans. I left work early on Monday and we headed out of town, getting to Hyde Park around 1:30am - tired but happy we had avoided the storm. I tried not to plan too many adventures for our week, and our schedule worked out just about as planned . . . but not quite (more on that to come). We did a session at the Logan temple - I haven't been there for 15 years, so that was cool.
Then that night, Ken and I met up with friends to watch the Utah State Aggies play Weber State in basketball. I love watching the Aggies play, and watching them with friends, and watching them win was even better.
Thanks Kathryn, Mike, and Carol for joining us at the game.
My mom had Ken and I sleep in my old bedroom. Not much has changed - there are still 2 single beds in the room, with the same comforter covers they've had for years. The adventure of trying to fit in one single bed just didn't work out, so we slept in separate beds for the week. Frankly, I was afraid one of us would get pushed out during the night :)
When I originally told my Mom that we were coming for Christmas, she warned me that they wouldn't be putting up a tree. They hadn't done a tree for years because it was just too much work. I teased them about being a Scrooge, but re-assured them that no tree at Christmas was fine with me. It wasn't like it was Wazel's first Christmas or anything. Well, when we got to my parent's home, we found that they had put up this little artificial tree - just for me. Thanks Mom and Dad for going above and beyond the norm.
And the biggest adventure of the week, was taking Ken to the Emergency Room on Christmas Eve. Turns out, he has a blood clot that goes the length of his right leg. Pretty scary. Thank goodness we caught it before it broke apart and went to his lungs. Now he's on blood thinners, elevating his leg, and patiently waiting for the pain to go away and the blood clot to adhere to the vessle wall and slowly re-absorb into the blood stream.
Hopefully all will be well soon, but for now, we've got a lot of unknowns . . . and the adventures continue.
6 comments:
Are you still in Utah? I would love to see you if you drive past us on your way to Arizona, or if you are down to visit Paul or Ruth Ann. I have something for you!
Oh my goodness a blood clot? How did you know to go to the er? I know he was in a lot of pain on Wed. Get better soon Ken!
It was awesome to see you!
Holy Cow! I am glad Ken is ok. I pray that everything heals quickly. Glad you guys had a good xmas in UT. (So jealous) :)
Ah, blood clot? That threw me for a loop while reading (as I'm sure it did for you in real life!) Glad to hear you guys got to the hospital and got medical attention pronto.
holy crap!! I hope that Ken is okay. I hope that you made it home safe. That is a long ride for someone who has a clot. Make sure that you guys get out and walk around every couple of hours.
Hope Ken gets to feeling better!! Scary stuff!!
Post a Comment