Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wrong Number

Since we've been married, Ken and I have had separate phone numbers. We've always lived somewhere where we didn't have a land line, but we each had a cell phone, and everyone knew which number to call. When we moved to Flagstaff, we kept our 2 Portland numbers, and tried to communicate to everyone which number went to which person. It has seemed to work well, and we've only had a few issues when people have called the wrong number . . . that is, until recently.

I'm not sure what has happened lately, but for the last 6 weeks that Ken has been in Portland, he has gotten an abnormal amount of calls for me on his cell phone. Some times the calls are from people who don't know my number, but often they are from people who have called me on my phone previously, and who I assumed had my number. Ken has been great about forwarding the messages to my phone, but I hate missing calls, and I really hate having to call people back - I'd much rather just answer the call and deal with it right then and there. It's also stressful, because the messages are often time sensitive, and I don't get the message until too late. So this whole phone thing is driving me crazy!

Okay - done venting. Blaming my short temper on the pregnancy hormones. I thought about posting my phone number here for all to see, but I'm not that crazy - who knows who's reading this blog :0 Maybe I'll just stop returning phone calls and see if that makes me feel better ;)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

We thought about cutting our landline and just using cell phones, but then I realized that I'd have all sorts of neighborhood kids calling my phone, that my kids would be sifting through my purse constantly to find the phone, and they'd probably leave it who-know-where in the house. That was the end of that discussion. So we have a landline AND cell phones.

Good luck with getting your mystery issue straightened out.

Raina said...

Yikes!!! I would HATE missing calls, and like you... calling back isn't easy either. It's the beginning of phone tag really. :D
Good luck!!!

Josh, Darci, & Ainsley Bentley said...

Wow I am waaay behind! Congrats on being pregnant!! I hope you have a great pregnancy and take it easy:o] Hope you guys are doing great!