Friday, October 9, 2009

Sample sizes and half-used items

I hate clutter. And as much as I like to be prepared and have things on hand, I dislike having too many small bits and pieces of things around the house or my office. For example: I have 1 blue pen and 1 red pen in my office. I use the pens until they run out of ink, and then I get another pen. I've always been this way - just ask Kat. Ken has an almost endless supply of pencils in our house - most of them sharpened and all about the same length. It makes me want to use them all up so that we only have 1 pencil - or at least not 15+ in the same condition.


In the bathroom, I have a bunch of sample sizes of lotion, toothpaste, contact solution, etc. Although these come in handy for traveling, I don't think it is necessary to have so many of each item. I also have products that I have been given as gifts - candles, more lotions, foot cream, etc. They're all half-used . . . and taking up much needed space in my cupboards and shelves. I am currently doing my best, at the moment, to use up these items so that I can thrown the empty packages away - yeah! I love to throw things away!


Some day I'll probably regret that I no longer have a surplus of small and misc. items, but for now, I am happily using up and throwing away.

4 comments:

Tera said...

Sharon I am the same way. I love love throwing things away like the milk jug when the last of milk has been used, socks with holes, mail that is junk (this one immediatley), the toliet paper roll when its all done, yeah I am weird too.

Amber said...

I love throwing things away! The one good thing about moving . . . the only good thing.

Kat said...

I will vouch for what Sharon said! And why oh why didn't more of you rub off on me? Though you would be proud I have thrown 2 garbage cans full of 'extra' stuff away in the last 2 weeks and yes I feel good.

Hansen Five said...

maybe you can give the extras to trick or treaters??!!