Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow . . .

I love snow - I love to play in the snow, go sledding in the snow, and I don't even mind driving in the snow, but I don't like getting stuck in the snow. We've been getting snow for the last few days (I've lost track of how many inches we've gotten, but I'm pretty sure they're measuring it in feet now), and I've made it to work without any problems. Then today, I got stuck on my way to Grand Jury Duty (I was hoping they'd cancel it, but they didn't.) Our parking lot gets plowed, and the streets get plowed, but no one seems to do the driveway in between the parking lot and the street. This results in a huge amount of packed, icy snow at the end of the driveway - which I got stuck on. I was grateful for the guy behind me who offered to pull or push me out. Ken was at home too, so between the two of them, they pushed while I steered. Once I got out onto the street, there was quite a bit of skidding, but I kept it slow and steady and made it to Grand Jury Duty on time. Now if people in Flagstaff would stop doing illegal and dumb things, my 4-month stint would be done by now.

This picture doesn't really show just how much snow we have on the ground, but at least it proves that yes, we do get snow in Arizona.

1 comment:

Brian and Joy said...

No matter the weather, apparently the court cases go on. We're happy to hear that you were able to get unstuck and what's a Flagstaff winter winter without an occasional vehicle stuck. Happy Holidays!