Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Lack of . . .

Forgive the whining, but we're lacking a few things at our house and it's making me crazy.

  • routine - Everything I read said that babies need a routine.  I have one for Amelia, but can't seem to get a routine for Sophia.  I think I'll just stop reading baby books/blogs/etc.
  • sleep - Sophia barely sleeps during the day and it's driving me crazy.  Amelia did the same thing, but it's a whole different ballgame trying to deal with that while taking care of Amelia too.
  • patience - Due to Sophia's lack of sleep, and Amelia's almost-terrible-two tantrums, I have a lack of patience most days.  Sorry Ken!
  • motivation - And due to my lack of patience, I have a lack of motivation to move Amelia from her crib to the toddler bed.  But I can't keep putting it off, or Sophia will end up in our bed until she needs the toddler bed.
  • initiative - And then there is my church calling - the ward web administrator.  It's a "train yourself" and then train everyone else sort of calling and I am lacking initiative to get started on it.  It's simple, in theory.  Learn how to manage the ward calendars, with every organization's activities, then train the organizations how to manage it themselves.  Hhm? Maybe next week? 
But despite all of that, I was the "fun" parent tonight and made cookies (gluten-free) with Amelia.  We've never done that before, and frankly, I thought I must be crazy to make cookies with Amelia, without Ken's help, with Sophia needing a nap, and bedtime for Amelia just around the corner, but crazy or not, I did it and I even had fun.  Amelia didn't like all the waiting involved, but she did like licking the spoon at the end.  Thanks Amelia for being a great helper!


3 comments:

Brenda said...

Hang in there. I'm sorry.

Michelle said...

I feel the same way sometimes. When my second came along I felt like life got kicked into survival mode so I had to let a lot of things go. Eventually its gotten better and back to normal...or I should say a new normal.

Amber said...

I had a hard time getting makenna on a schedule too. I never knew what she was going to do. Since she is down to one nap a day she is more predictable. I have found that the more kids you have, the more control you give up. I'm glad that you had fun even though the odds were against you.